Saturday 20 September 2014

ALL ABOUT THE EYES



I thought that I would write a little post about eye make up as, for me, the eye makeup is the most important part of my daily routine.
I am one of the many that consider my eyes to be one of my best features, and to accentuate them is my favourite part of makeup application, so I thought I would share with you the treasured tips I have learned over the years. I usually go by rules, so here they are.
1. ALWAYS START AT THE BASE
For any mascara, eyeliner or curling, always start at the base of your lash. This is vital especially for mascara, as yo do not want to end up with spindly little lashes and no volume at the foundations. I always wiggle my wand right down to the bottom of my lashes and go from there- that way they look fuller.
2. DE-CLUMP
De-clumping your mascara wand is very important, I make sure I get rid of any clumps before I apply my mascara before I apply it, I do this by getting a clean make up pad that has no loose fibres (a paper towel works too) and carefully removing them from the wand this way. If you do end up with clumps in your eyelashes, I remove these. I use a clean mascara wand (I keep my old mascara wands and clean these) and place it behind the clump in your eyelash and break it up- don’t just continue to apply mascara hoping it will go away- you’ll end up with spindly lashes. You can also use one of your spare lash wands with a spritz of makeup remover to make your lashes fuller looking by carefully smoothing the lashes from middle to ends- this also stops the dreaded spider-eyes.
3. CURLING
Curling is a must as I have very fair, straight lashes. I use my eyelash curler in three steps. Base, pump three times. Middle, pump three times and ends, pump three times.This encourages my eyelashes to face upwards instead of straight out as they would naturally- just by curling them you can add length to your eyelashes. If I don’t have an eyelash curler handy I will hold my finger against the base of my lashes for a few seconds as my mascara is drying.
4. VOLUMIZE
Alongside my number 1 rule of starting at the base of my lashes adding volume is still quite important. The mascara starting out at the base of your lashes will help but if you really want to add that extra bit apply a waterproof cream pencil that is dark brown or black at the very base of your lashes so they look thicker. I tend to go for a dark brown as it is more natural but it really adds that oomph to your eyes.
Thats it of my little tips and tricks, I hope you enjoy and feel free to share yours too!
NOTE: I thought I would give Blogger another go, we don't really get along so well as I cannot seem to agree with the way it looks, plus navigation is hard for someone who usually works with Wordpress. Nevertheless I thought I would see if we could be friends. You can find my original blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment